Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Books at large

I've been thinking about book-themed rooms lately, and how people incorporate their love of reading into their homes. At present we have a 20-foot bookcase in our living room (floor to ceiling), so books easily dominate the first floor of our house. We also have small hanging shelves in the master bedroom where we keep a handful of books we are currently reading.

But on a somewhat larger scale, I have book-themed nurseries. And I love them. Last week I finished painting 2.0's nursery, and even though we have no furniture or anything yet I wanted to share some pictures with other book nerds.

The new nursery is Where the Wild Things Are - my favorite children's book.






"let the wild rumpus start!"



Of course, I can't share one without the other, so here are pictures of my first-born's room. I went with a Tolkien theme, because my husband is huge fan of Tolkien's writing, and I wanted him to be as excited about the nursery as I was doing it.











No comments:

Post a Comment