Saturday, March 3, 2012

25.
Title: A Perfect Blood
Author: Kim Harrison
Pages: 448 pages
Genre: I don't even know what they're calling this genre this day. I used to call it generically "Horror"
Medium: Hardback
Acquisition: Preordered
Date Completed: March 1, 2012
Rating: ****1/2

Once upon a time, I swore off this series; I was frustrated with the recycled plots and Rachel's inability to progress and cope. However, I received the last Hollows book as part of the early review program, and Harrison won me back with progress and resolution.

A Perfect Blood continues some of that progress and development, and while some of the angst and emotional turmoil is still there it is well-tempered by the actual plot.

What is most compelling about A Perfect Blood are the antagonists: their mindless hate and extremists efforts are frightening.

I'm learning to like the new Rachel, and learning to enjoy the series again.

No comments:

Post a Comment