Monday, March 14, 2011

25.
Author(s): Kresley Cole
Title: Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night
Publication: Kindle
Pages:
Genre: Supernatural Romance
Acquisition:
Date Completed: March 12, 2011
Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5

I never read a romance novel of any kind before I received my Kindle 2, and the driving reason behind that is the cover work for any given series. I'm a fan of frippery and foolishness, and whether or not they admit it, every romance reader enjoys the sex, but there's something repugnant about these images. Perhaps it's because they are only so loosely connected to the books themselves, or because the images are often sophomoric, but I've come to find that I can only pick one up if my only glimpse of the cover comes when I link to the book for my review.

As for the book itself ... it's the same. I did appreciate Cole's efforts to wrap up a few dangling story lines, but this particular book really highlights the lack of chemistry that seems characteristic for this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment