Wednesday, March 2, 2011

20.
Author(s): Roald Dahl
Title: Boy: Tales of Childhood
Publication: Paperback
Pages: 176
Genre: Autobiography (despite what Dahl says)
Acquisition: Purchased previously, reused as a work text, 5th grade
Date Completed: February 28, 2011
Rating:

I thoroughly enjoyed Boy when I first read it last year, and I looked forward to the opportunity of discussing it with a student. When my fifth-grade pupil reacted rather negatively to the beginning of Phineas Gage] we switched gears, and moved to Dahl's brief autobiography instead. After reading a few of his Revolting Rhymes, my student was very interested to learn more about the poet and children's author, and was both amazed and a little terrified of some of his experiences. Overall, I think it made for a good learning experience, and certainly seemed to be at the right level for this 4th/5th grader

21.
Author(s): Kresley Cole
Title:No Rest for the Wicked
Publication: Kindle
Pages:
Genre: Supernatural Romance
Acquisition:
Date Completed: March 2, 2011
Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5

More supernatural fluff with Valkyries and vampires, and just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment