Saturday, January 16, 2010

6.

Author: Darren Shan
Title: [Cirque du Freak: A Living Nightmare]
Publication: Kindle Edition, August 2008
Pages: 272 pages
Genre: Young Adult, Horror
Acquisition: Purchased January 2010
Date Completed: January 16, 2010
Rating: 2.5 stars out of 5

Cirque du Freak: A Living Nightmare is the first in another young adult horror series that has been gaining popularity lately. While I typically enjoy young adult fiction, Cirque du Freak is a much younger YA book than I typically read, and I had to stop and remind myself to consider the intended audience very frequently.

The story line is slow to build, with most of the action and suspense saved for the end. The writing itself felt a bit clumsy, but once again this could be a product of authorial intention (writing for a young audience). I would certainly recommend the Cirque du Freak series for young readers (age nine or so), but I don't think I'll continue the series myself.

Challenges
75-Book Challenge: Book 6
1010 Challenge: Suggested by Others Book 1
Off-the-shelf:

No comments:

Post a Comment