Tuesday, April 16, 2013

31. 
Title: [Hedging his Bets]
Author: Mina Carter
Pages: 176
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Medium: Kindle
Acquisition:
Date Completed: April 15, 2013
Rating: **

Conference-prep isn't an excuse this time around - I picked up Hedging His Bets for a bit of fun fluff, as I claw my way out from under a stack of research papers.

The research papers are better.

The genre itself doesn't need much explanation, so a summary is brief: Honey owns a bar and one of her patrons wants Honey.  The different turn in this one is that the romantic interest is a - wait for it - ..... werehedgehog.  Yup.  Ok, points for originality there - I did laugh at the uber-masculine character struggling with his "cute" alternative form. 

But no adult woman should ever say "hedgie," - and no adult should write it, either.  Perhaps some readers are more forgiving of the baby talk than I, but even my babies don't speak like this. 

I'm still open to exploring the genre as a whole, but I doubt I'll try any other novels by Carter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment