Tuesday, April 10, 2012

34.
Title: Hexed
Author: Ilona Andrews and others
Pages: 336 pages
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Medium: Ebook
Acquisition: Library book
Date Completed: April 5, 2012
Rating: ***

I borrowed Hexed from the library as an introduction to authors I had been intending to try - Ilona Andrews and Yasmine Galenorn specifically. Like many collections of this sort, it seems that fans of these individual series will enjoy the stories more than those going in cold, like myself. The writing styles and worlds vary fairly widely, and there is something that will likely appeal to an equally wide range of fantasy readers. However, most of the content fell a bit flat for me, largely because I had no previous attachment to the protagonists to fall back on. I am not sure I will seek out any of these authors in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment