Monday, September 12, 2011

72.
Author: Ann K. Levine. Esq.
Title: The Law School Admission Game: Play Like an Expert
publication: Kindle
Pages
Genre: nonfiction, law
Acquisition:
Date: September 11, 2011
Rating: *****

Ann K. Levine's The Law School Admission Game is a brilliant work which aims to help individuals navigate the nuanced and complicated world of law school applications. Experienced both as a student and working on Admission boards herself, Levine offers straight-forward advice in a clear (and often blunt) fashion that is easy to navigate. The text offers advice on everything from application dates to the personal statement, and Levine does not hesitate to share why she would dismiss applications as well as what kind of applications stand out best. Personally, I learned quite a bit, and felt that the information provided would help me prepare the strongest application possible.

It also helped me come to terms with the demands of both law school and the resulting career, ultimately forcing me to acknowledge that law is not a path I can pursue and still maintain the kind of home life that is most important to me. Despite a powerful interest and desire, the Monsters come first here; I'm just glad I realized that before putting in the time and money to apply to, and possibly attend, law school.

71.
Author: Sophocles
Title: Oedipus the King
publication: paperback
Pages
Genre: classical
Acquisition: work text
Date: September 11, 2011
Rating: no rating

My bi-annual reading of Sophocles' delicious tragedy, translated by Dudley Fitts.

No comments:

Post a Comment