Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Another one for the "Books off the shelf" challenge, which has put me at my revised goal for the year!


140. Armstrong, Kelley. Exit Strategy. 480 pages. 12.15.09.


I don't actually remember purchasing Exit Strategy, but it is likely Amazon pointed the title out when I was ordering another book by Kelley Armstrong. I initially read the first 200 pages, and then put the book down as other things caught my eye. Resolving to finish things from my own shelves gave me a great reason to pick it up again.

Exit Strategy follows Nadia - an ex-cop turned hitwoman - as she and a collection of other hitmen try to hunt down one of their own who has turned serial killer. While each professional has their own personal reason - from personal to simply bad for business - Nadia is fueled by a sense of justice and ultimate desire to protect.

Overall, I found the book to be very entertaining. I like hitmen (fictionally - my sense of self-preservation keeps me from liking real ones), and Armstrong delivers a wide range to chose from. The sense of secrecy between them keeps any characters from feeling too shallow, while preserving the sense of mystery surrounding not only the case, but the "who and why" of how the group comes together.

At 480 pages it's a nice meaty chunk of entertainment that is perfect for a long snow day or lounging by a pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment