Friday, January 16, 2009

Bibliobeau

I was never a sucker for the highlighted Livejournal communities until the end of 2006, when a community called "50 book challenge" caught my eye. The idea was, obviously, to read fifty books (or 15,000 pages) in a single year. For some members it was a challenge, and for others it was a starting point.

While I have never been a very active member of the board, the idea of tracking the books I read in a year appealed to both my anal side and my nerdy side, and 2009 will be the third year I participate in the "challenge". I fell far short of my goal of 100 books in 2008, so this year I'm going to back off a bit and shoot for 75.

I've decided to keep this blog as a way of keeping track of reviews and musings, without the clutter of a message board. However, I will continue to watch the 75 Books Challenge for 2009 group on LibraryThing (http://www.librarything.com/groups/75bookschallengefor1) and the 15,000 pages group on Livejournal (http://community.livejournal.com/15000pages/). They're great for recommendations!

So here we go - Bibliobeau 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment